Friday, November 6, 2009

Top five favorite camping spots

Look at me slacking on my top fives. Busy week at work and this one just can't get used to the time change (that's my excuse for being so exhausted lately). But 'tis Friday once again and I feel a blogging mood coming on.

I've been itching to get out into the wild for the past few months so today I'll be sharing my top five favorite camping spots. This years Christmas list will include a new camp stove and a kleen kanteen...hint..hint....

(These are in no particular order)

1. Joshua Tree National Park- for its beauty and character. I remember going on a hike by light of a full moon.


2. Sequoia National Park- for its majesty. So many great memories from this place. Crystal Cave, General Sherman, black bear sightings, oh my!


3. El Capitan/Refugio State Beach- for their nostalgia. Spent so many great summers group camping here with friends and family. Snipe hunting, midnight freight trains, digging sand holes so big we'd get stuck in them. The best summers!

4. Yosemite National Park- I haven't been here enough and I'm itching to make it back up one of these days. Half Dome here I come...except not in the middle of the night like Tory and Carl.

5. Zion National Park- for its beauty. This one is so picturesque and there are so many Germans! (They love ze desert)

No comments:

Post a Comment