Wednesday, January 11, 2012

weekend.

Ah yes, the first post-holiday weekend. Met with equal parts exhaustion from the first week back at work and eagerness to return to the normal weekend routine (i.e. sleep a tad late, doing whatever the hell we want).

Happy hour and dinner downtown with friends Friday evening was followed by a partially lazy Saturday. Whilst Francis surfed or something, I rode my bike up to a favorite cafe to devour this book (a Christmas gift from my sister, and SO GOOD). Later, an evening jaunt around North Park to admire the local color, a veritable mix of hipster + hardass.

Sunday I forced Francis into a cleaning frenzy with me, and we rewarded our efforts with a beach excursion. There is an area of Sunset Cliffs (well, there are probably many) that can only be explored during the lowest tide. We did just that. I then had a small culinary victory Sunday night when I (with considerable, if involuntary, help from F) whipped up some savory cauliflower soup.


{letter from sister}


{portrait}


{north park} 


{cave}


{only in very low tide can one walk here


{pools}


{told to pose like this}


{looking for tiny crustaceans}


{fun with new camera toys} 


{sunset at Sunset Cliffs} 

No comments:

Post a Comment