Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Heart Ryan Gosling (weekend).

We saw Drive last weekend with my folks. I found it thoroughly enjoyable and highly recommend it. If you enjoy an artful blend of 80s-inspired electronica and a subdued (almost speechless) Ryan Gosling, with a sprinkling of wanton bloodshed*, then this is your movie (and mine).** 

Fran-man and I spent the weekend at my folk's place, meaning I spent the better part of the weekend in my pajamas. There's an amazing comfort in sitting at the breakfast table until 1pm sipping a cup of coffee and reading outdated issues of the New Yorker, "contributing" to the LA Times Crossword puzzle effort. All other activities involved the television and/or food.

We did manage to leave the house twice, once for a social outing (yes, we're popular, no, it's not a big deal) and once for a gritty game of family bocceballfrisbeesoccer at the park. Both highlights.


{putting to use a wedding card bought in Boulder}


{fountain, candlelight}


{joint-Oktoberfest-themed wedding shower for some friends}


{hors d'oeuvres}


{being chatty with the bride-to-be}


{sunbathing}


{bap!}


{lost in sudoku}

*Like a guy being stabbed in the eye with a fork.
**Should I be concerned that I develop a crush on R.Gosling after a movie like Drive, and not the Notebook? I don't think so either.

Not pictured:
-a going away party for a good friend (Seattle!)
-a bratwurst eating contest from which I was most gladly excluded (vegetarianism has its perks)

No comments:

Post a Comment