Wednesday, March 24, 2010

weekend getaway (!)

My beloved surprised me with a mini holiday in Boulder, Colorado to visit my sister and her husband for my birthday. We. had. a. blast.

First things first, we flew in early Friday morning and it was a winter wonderland. Tory picked us up in Denver and we headed to Boulder. After a disco nap for F and I, we hung out a bit then donned our snow gear and headed downtown for dinner. We grabbed dinner at Leaf, a vegetarian/vegan restaurant (vegan enchiladas = yum). After dinner we walked to a wine bar for a glass of wine and to see Carl (bro-in-law) play jazz.

snowfall upon arrival

Friday night downtown, the city all aglow

F and I bundled up

Carl playing intensely

vino

Saturday we went out for a long walk and a bit of frisbee in the sun and fresh snow. Boulder is absolutely gorgeous. I love how the snow covers everything with a blanket of silence..so serene.

After our walk we built an epic snow sculpture. It began as an igloo that turned into some sort of creature. We were getting loads of support from the locals.

Tory and me

Love Ct is a dead end (irony)

F and I

I found a wolverine icicle

our epic igloo-turned-creature, aka the apple i-gloo

On Sunday we had a lazy morning then spent the afternoon walking around town, doing a bit of shopping and grabbing some Mediterranean cuisine for lunch. No buffalo for us this time around.

The trip was awesome and a much needed getaway. Plans are already in motion to return this summer for more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment