Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weekend

Apparently everyone was born in July so a big chunk of our weekend was spent celebrating some birthday or other. I'm not complaining*, just explaining that when it rains it pours. We had our first and last dining experience at Corvette Diner with some friends, complete with burgers, shakes, and air hockey. The Saturday birthday round took us to Encinitas to celebrate with F's family by way of bocci ball, hacky sack, and Argetina vs Uruguay. Sunday we joined more friends for a BBQ and I ate my weight in cheese.


{sunset courtesy of Franco}

{very fragrant farmers market flowers}


{Elvis showing Corvette Diner patrons how it's done}

{Corvette Diner hall of fame}

{no likeness}

{saturday night Top Gear}


{lucky shot catching scene change}

{decadence}

{live entertainment}

*I'm trying to train myself not to complain. It's harder than it sounds. Most of my complaining happens while driving (it's genetic) and usually goes something like "ugh, god - can you believe this guy?". And so far most of my energy has been spent attempting to convince Francis (cause supporter and referee) that when I say that, it's not a complaint, but more of a fact. "55 in the left lane, that's great. What an idiot. You see? That's a fact. I don't think anyone else on the road right now would argue that he isn't an idiot. I'd also like to factually state that I am very hungry." 

Progress. 

2 comments:

  1. Sentences like these explain our long friendship:

    "I ate my weight in cheese."

    Glad you're doing well in SD! I need to visit you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not seeing the pup...show him to meeeeee!

    ReplyDelete