Tuesday, May 18, 2010

slacker and bird saver

I know I'm late posting about the weekend...no excuses really, just exhausted. It was a relaxing weekend above all else and I dusted off the ol' polaroid camera to take some fun, blurry shots. I'll be getting my ducks in a row tonight so check back tomorrow for some weekend goodness (that's a promise).

via aubrey road


On a touching side note- Francis and I had a little house guest last night.

We were having a backyard campfire when we heard an awful squeaking noise that sounded like a bat...a very, very close bat. I shined my headlamp (nerd) in the direction of the sound and found a bully-cat terrorizing a baby bird (it wasn't a young baby...probably an adolescent bird, but baby bird sounds better).

Francis chased off the cat and we found the baby bird on the ground, still alive and scared to death. St. Francis gently captured it and put it into a luxurious box with water and a towel in which we were hoping it would either calm down, or pass away in peace.

Lil' bird slept in the box all night. It was alive when we woke up this morning so we took it outside hoping it would fly away. Much to our delighted surprise lil' bird was coaxed out of the box by its kin (probably its kin) and flew away.

Although I can't take much credit for saving the bird as my only job throughout the ordeal was 'light shiner' (and I don't think Francis was 100% pleased with my performance), I am very glad the little guy is alive and well.

Huzaah.

No comments:

Post a Comment