Wednesday, June 30, 2010

summer soltice and weekend adventures

In a burst generosity I've combined last weekend's photos with some from last Monday's summer soltice.

Monday:

In our own little celebration of summer solstice, F and I made a homemade summer pizza with pesto, spinach, garlic, onions, and squash (from his mom's garden - best squash ever). Pizza was followed by an evening walk through Little Italy to Yogurtland, aka yogurt Mecca.


homemade pizza

Francis lurking in the frame

plane overhead

yogurt!



Weekend:

F and I were exhausted Friday evening after two long days of physical labor, but seeing as he was leaving for a 7-day trip to Big Bear early Saturday morning, we decided we had to do something. So we drove (too exhausted to walk) to Burger Lounge to split a veggie burger, fries, and onion rings. And a root beer.

F left early Saturday as did I, homeward bound. At home I swam, lounged in the sun, rode bikes, played ping pong, did some successful thrift store shopping (all with the company of my wonderful younger sisters), presumably got my second concussion of the year, and liquored up my parents.

Sunday I got a skimboarding lesson from my friend, Samantha. Sorry guys, no pictures this time of me eating it on the skimboard...all in due time. Samantha tore it up on her her board, so much in fact that in a freak accident she was hit in the head by her board. She sliced her head-up pretty good and after some help from lifeguards, a reluctant confession of the injury to her parents, a trip to the ER, and 3 stitches - she's going to be okay. Skimboarding adventure! Amidst all the excitement (and blood) of the injury I neglected to take a picture of Samantha's cut head with her brains spilling out (slight dramatization). We both agreed that the silver lining of the ordeal was that the injury resulted from something cool like skimboarding...rather than just falling off a curb of something lame like that. Battle wound!


yummmm

iced coffee poolside, allie's foot

allie swimming

girls, girls!

Tink in profile

from left: Phoebe, Allie, moi

Dad with some embarrassing helmet-hair

Samantha tearing it up




No comments:

Post a Comment