Tuesday, June 22, 2010

weekend

Friday evening I surprised Francis with homemade onion rings and surprised myself when they turned out perfectly delicious. I think he fell in love with me all over again when he tried them. Secret weapon?

onion rings, step 4

onion rings!

summer margarita

Saturday we met up with some friends of F's from architecture school for brunch. Later I made dessert and met up with the girls for a Saturday girls' night downtown. We BBQ'd, had mojitos, ate an amazing dinner, and played a game called 'Things'. The game got a little out of control. In a good way. We also defaced a Padres bobble head doll. The early stages of defacement resembled my dad; witness the progression of the doll's torment below.

I had to taste test the dessert....four times...

urban bbq

wonderful encounters with the homeless

mojito!

girls, dinner

Padres bobble head resembling my dad

wine

defaced beyond recognition

Sunday we met F's friends from school again in La Jolla for some beach time. After the beach, F galloped off to Father's Day festivities while I biked down to El Camino with the girls for a late afternoon pitcher of margs.

Francis, skim board

getting my skim board lesson (show off)

fancy pants

el camino

ladies lunching


No comments:

Post a Comment