Thursday, January 27, 2011

Warner Springs Weekend

After calling it Sycamore Hot Springs for over a week, Francis and I spent last weekend at Warner Hot Springs to recharge our batteries. Hiking and tennis were balanced with hot spring soaking and Scrabble-by-light-of-fire. If you haven't been I highly recommend heading out Warner Springs way for a stay. It's reasonable, accessible, and awesome.

(*Warner Hot Springs also acted as some kind of vortex within which all of the photos taken of me turned out surprisingly non-monstrous. Enjoy.)


{hike day 1}

{I was ready for my close up}

{barbed wire}

{bird, sitting}

{tree}

{sun through a thicket}

{silent glider}

{hot spring}

{the cottage}

{late sun}



{keeping warm}

{night springs}

{sulfur}

{hall of changing rooms}

{a death defying leap over a creek. nailed it.}

{mid hike}

{Francis decided to get some action shots of my sunscreen application}

{desert view}

{most people forget to sunscreen their ears. not me.}

{cactus}

{having a rest}

{the springs}

{whatup}

{horse whispering}

{mare, posing}

{making friends}


*Warner Hot Springs have been bought by the Pala Band of Mesa Indians and word on the street is that when escrow is over, the tribe will shut down the springs for spiritual cleansing - so get there while you can.


3 comments:

  1. I feel like one the reasons I enjoy your pictures so much is your talent for wording captions. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, it seems like you two are ALWAYS on the go
    traveling, adventuring, etc

    it's impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Yes we are busy bees - in a good way. Hearblack: I LOVE your blog :). You make me want to move to Hawaii even more.

    ReplyDelete